United Airlines will continue to rank Economy Plus seats on its flights. There has been concern about the future of these seats since the announcement of the merger plan between United Airlines and Continental Airlines. However, it has been shown that United will not only retain these seats, but will also install them on Continental Airlines aircraft, which are expected to enter into force from 2012. Until now, travelers can go ahead and purchase a ticket with United for economic seats. Comfortable and spacious.
Features of the Economics Department Plus and future plans
Economy Plus seats at United Airlines are very popular with travelers seeking cheap flights with the airline. These seats, which are a feature of the airline’s cheap economy class, are more spacious and comfortable.
- United introduced Economy Plus seats on its flights in 1999. These seats increase the legroom by 5 inches.
- Elite Members of the Elite Plus® category in the United and OnePass® Elite members of the Continental are not required to pay an additional fee and can benefit from all flights that offer Economy Plus seats.
- Currently, there is no option for Economy Class Plus seats with Continental, but the airline will be upgraded to Economy Plus in the future. However, Continental offers its own version of seats with extra legroom.
- Nowadays, United Passengers can also enjoy Economy Plus benefits on their cheap flights with more than 150 regional aircraft larger than United Express. In fact, all 359 United Airlines aircraft are equipped with these seats and these seats are free for members of additional kilometers and OnePass Frequent Flyer.
- Economy Plus can be availed of while purchasing tickets, at the airport, during check-in, and while viewing reservations through the “My Reservations” section of United.
- United has expressed plans to offer an additional economy to more than 700 major aircraft, including Continental’s major airlines and larger regional aircraft. Once this multi-year plan is formed, United will have 40,000 additional Economy Class seats, which translates into 122,000 Economy Class seats per day for travelers who book their tickets with United. At present, no airline has this capacity.
What do the experts say
Jim Compton, Chief Income Officer, United Continental Holdings, commented on the event, “Our customers appreciate the extra economy and the extra personal space it provides.” He also said: “Customers who sit in Economy Plus are more comfortable with their travel experience, as well as travelers who choose other options that enable them to tailor their travel to their liking.” Industry experts feel that United’s decision to keep Economy Plus demonstrates that the airline is dedicated to providing a personalized travel experience and creative options to its passengers.